I would like to start by saying that I do suffer from insomnia a couple of nights a week, I have since I was a child. I have never taken a prescription for this because I don't want to medicate a problem that isn't happening on a daily basis. On rare occasions I do turn to over the counter remedies. One of those is Benadryl. The active ingredient in Benadryl is diphenhydramine also the active ingredient in ZZZQuil. Does it work? Yes, it does work for mild to moderate insomnia. Benadryl costs $7 in some stores while the $ZZZQuil can cost $15. Quite a big difference for essentially the same medication. Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine and can be purchased for as little as a dollar a bottle at some discount stores.
In conclusion the product does work. I have no complaints about its effectiveness. It is easily found at any drugstore, supermarket, or the "mart" type stores. It comes in liquid or capsule form. If you have mild or occasional insomnia this may be for you. I will always buy NyQuil for colds and flu, my household loves it. My only issue with this product is pricing. If there is a sale or I had excellent coupons I may purchase. Otherwise a generic or store brand Benadryl type drug will be in my cabinet.


No comments:
Post a Comment